Spring Cleaning Tips
Do you know that there is a NATIONAL CLEANING WEEK??? According to Wikipedia, it starts on the fourth week of March, at the beginning of the Spring Season. It is a tradition to clean the house thoroughly before or during the Great Lent.
Here are some tips to make it easier and less stressful:
- Remember it is a week of cleaning, so start with dividing the work by day.
- Tackle the seasonal chores first, like putting away all the Christmas and Valentines’ decorations. Decluttering is the first step.
In each room, start cleaning from top to bottom, including light fixtures, fans, pics on the walls, and those annoying cobwebs that collect in the corners. Move down the walls by cleaning the windowsills and wiping down baseboards. Vacuum the carpets and clean the floors.
Last but not least, CHECK SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!
Additional areas to focus on:
- The Kitchen - clean in and out of the cabinets, fridge, stove, oven, dishwasher, and leave as little item as possible on your countertop.
- Bathroom - scrub the toilet, the tub, and the sink.
- Bedrooms - clean the closet (consider donating some items), clean under the bed, polish the furniture.
- Living Room - vacuum and polish the furniture and decorate for the season.
Remember, if all these tasks become challenging and overwhelming, you can always consider hiring a professional crew. Here at SERVPRO, with more than 30 yrs in business and experienced technicians, we can provide the best Spring-cleaning service experience.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
Written by Nury Cardoza