Commercial Cleaning & Restoration
You invest a lot of time energy and resources to maintain, protect and increase the value of your business. Your facility is a central component in achieving success. When you experience a fire, water or mold damage in your commercial facility, you need fast response and the expertise to handle the situation – to get back into operation as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO of Stoneham/Wakefield is committed to providing fire and water cleanup and restoration services to reduce business interruptions and recovery costs. Our technicians are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help get your business back in business. We have the training and specialized equipment to restore your commercial property and make it “Like it never even happened.”
We specialize in:
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Prevention and Remediation Services
- Biohazard and Sewage Backups Cleaning
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
- Upholstery Cleaning
Give us a call at 781-245-0011 for a free estimate!
Every Second Counts
Most people think of escape plans and prevention when they think about fire safety but there is a much neglected and overlooked resource to consider.
The Forgotten Red-Head!
Prevention and a plan are obviously high priority, but when is the last time you thought about that fire hydrant up the street from your home or business? Keeping it clear of snow can save valuable time when time is of the essence.
If you have thought of it, but your thoughts go something like "It's not my responsibility to clear it of snow" you should reconsider.
Saving Valuable Seconds
Depending on the city or town you live in, keeping the hydrant clear of snow and debris could quite possibly be your responsibility. Check with your local fire department or town hall to find out the laws in your area.
Beyond that, keeping it clear only benefits you. If you are the victim of a fire, what do you want the firemen spending their time on? Clearing the hydrant or fighting the fire? Be smart. Be a good neighbor. Do what's Right.
After A Fire
If you are the unfortunate victim of a fire, we're here to help. After the fire trucks leave, your home likely suffers from fire and smoke damage and extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of Stoneham/Wakefield has the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire conditions.
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Today – (781) 245-0011
5 Tips for a Flooded Basement
Storm season is upon us! Heavy rain fall can quickly flood your basement and soil your belongings. Flooded basements are common and if it happens to you act quickly. Be prepared for when a flood does occur. You might be scrambling to figure out what to do so here are 5 tips you can do right away!
- Remove water. Remove water as quickly as possible. If your water damage is minor, you can use towels to clean it up. Make sure to wash and dry all cleaning material when finished to prevent mold from growing. A few inches of water can be removed with a wet vac. If you don’t have one, you can always buy, borrow or rent one. If you have severe water damage call SERVPRO.
- Dry it out. Use fans and dehumidifiers to move the air around to prevent mold and mildew. Run your air conditioning constantly and throw out any wet boxes.
- Scrub flooring. If you have tile, linoleum and other hard surfaces you can scrub them with a solution of one cup of chlorine bleach to one gallon of water. Wear rubber gloves!
- Examine and clear gutters. Check the basement steps and drain. Make sure to get rid of any twigs, leaves, and mud.
- Freeze your assets. If any important documents have been damaged by the water, quickly put them in the freezer.
Spring Weather Tips
While spring brings the promise of warm weather and longer days, it also brings a variety of conditions that can include heavy rains and severe weather, which can increase your flood risk. Take action to protect yourself, your family, and your business—before a weather event occurs and it’s too late.
April marks the start of the rainy season. Spring storms can bring several inches of rain in only a matter of hours or there can be consistent rainfall for days. These heavy rains can lead to severe flooding by over-saturating the ground, overfilling storm drains, or rivers spilling over their banks.
As one of the most common hazards in the United States, it’s important we prepare for the potential disaster that flooding can cause. Even if you feel you live in a community with a low risk of flooding, remember that anywhere it rains, it can flood. Just because you haven’t experienced a flood in the past, doesn’t mean you won’t in the future.
In order help prepare you for the possibility of a flood, we offer you these tips:
- Build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan
- Avoid building in a floodplain unless you elevate and reinforce your home
- Elevate the furnace, water heater and electric panel in your home if you live in an area that has a high flood risk
- Install check-valves to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your home
- Seal basement walls and floor with waterproofing compounds to prevent seepage through cracks
- Always keep your gutters and downspouts clean to allow water to flow freely
- Prepare a flood evacuation plan
- Know how to safely shut-off utilities
- Keep insurance and vital records in a water-proof box
- Have a portable radio to listen for important current information
When your home sustains water damage from flooding, you should call SERVPRO of Stoneham/Wakefield immediately. SERVPRO of Stoneham/Wakefield has the equipment and experience necessary to handle the most challenging water damage and removal situations and we are available around-the-clock. Call us at (781) 245-0011, and we’ll return your home back to normal, "Like it never even happened."
Meet Donna Sutherby
Donna Sutherby, a veteran of the US Army, has been with SERVPRO for 22 years and counting. As the Office Administrator, she will often be the person who answers your questions when you call. During her tenure, she has juggled most front office functions while fielding calls and handling billings. She is certified through the IICRC in Water Damage Restoration which means she can provide knowledgeable answers, valuable insight and guidance through what can sometimes be a confusing and stressful process for homeowners and business owners after suffering a damage loss. Her depth of knowledge, caring personality and willingness to help make her a vital member of our SERVPRO family.
When asked what inspires her to come to work every day, Donna replied that the office atmosphere, comradery of her co-workers, and family values of the business are at the heart of it. “We are a caring group of people and want to help. That makes me feel good at the end of the day!”
When Donna isn’t working, you will often find her with her family of 4 children & 6 grandchildren.
Meet Linda Rousseau
Let’s welcome our newest SERVPRO employee, Linda Rousseau! Before Linda joined SERVPRO, she was an office manager at GLX constriction in Somerville Mass. She is continuing her office manager role here at SERVPRO. Her daily duties are to monitor ongoing projects to ensure timeline accuracy relative to execution, follow-up, and billing, work closely with the office team to better understand processes, policies, and procedures, and to educate herself on franchise operating systems and applications.
Her proudest accomplishments in life are a tie between successfully completing 6 years in the USN with an honorable discharge and raising her son Joseph. In her free time, you can find her kayaking, being on or near water or walking her dog Domino. She also loves completing projects around her home and she especially loves gardening.
Noel Employee Spotlight
Let's welcome our newest SERVPRO employee spotlight, Noel Torrissi! Before joining SERVPRO, he was self-employed for 30 years. His title now at SERVPRO is the construction manager and estimating and running the rebuild jobs. His nickname is Roman because he used to own a silver Mercedes like the guy in National Lampoon's Vacation. His proudest accomplishment is raising his two daughters Bailey and Alani. In his free time, you can find him tearing it up on the ice rink playing hockey or on the golf course working on his swing. When he enters the office in the morning he always has a smile on his face and is ready to take on the day.
We're happy to have Noel join our team!
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Stoneham/Wakefield, (781) 245-0011.
Your Guide to Roof Repair After Hail & Heavy Winds Damage Your Shingles
Hail damaged shingles.
Everyone loves a good end-of-summer storm, but when the nights grow cool and the winds grow stronger, those nice summer storms turn into damaging tempests. Hail, heavy winds and torrential rains may be exciting to watch from within, but they're harmful to a home's structure. If your roof was recently the victim of hail and wind damage, you may be able to get away with a small roof repair—or you may be forced to invest in roof replacement. A quality inspection can give you an indication of which you will need:
- Have your roof tested to determine its existing condition and life expectancy.
- Have a moisture survey of your roof done.
- Let a professional roofer assess the extent of the damage—is it just a patch or it is the entire roof?
- Request a weather impact condition report to see if your roof was even subject to the hail.
When searching for a roofing company, make sure that it offers each of the above services.
Sensing Water in Your Home That You Can't See
The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss.
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time.
The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. SERVPRO® of Stoneham/ Wakefield has the equipment, training and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. SERVPRO® of Stoneham/ Wakefield will answer your call with fast action and a full arsenal of drying equipment. Here are a few of the tools used by your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals.
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and Moisture Meters are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings, allowing SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals to monitor the drying process.
- Thermohygrometers measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, SERVPRO® of Stoneham/ Wakefield can calculate and create an environment most conclusive to drying.
- When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and deodorized.
- Ultra-Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard-to-reach spots.
- Thermal Foggers dispense solvent-based produces by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles.
What is the bottom line? SERVPRO® of Stoneham/ Wakefield (781-245-0011) has the training and equipment to help make it "Like it never even happened."